Job Title : CelAction Animator – Love Monster
Full Time : 37.5 hours, 9.30am- 6pm
Contract: Fixed term
Start Date: June 2021
End Date: February 2022
A Productions are looking for CelAction Animators to work on the hit series Love Monster for CBeebies. The show will be produced in-house at our central Bristol studio.
Love Monster follows the adventures of the only monster in a town full of cute baby animals as he learns to navigate life, friendship and emotions.
Based on the best-selling books of the same name by Rachel Bright, the show celebrates how we are all different, the power of taking action and the joy of Love.
Following on from the great success of Series 1 for CBeebies that launched in January 2020, the show has been recommissioned for a further 26 episodes. We are looking for a team of animators to build on the show’s success and to help build on the wonderful world of Cutesville.
We are looking for excellent 2D animators, with previous experience of working in CelAction, preferably on a long-form television series. You will have an excellent understanding of the software and a strong showreel. You should be self-motivated and have a proven ability in producing high-quality animation and working to deadlines. Excellent communication skills are a must, together with a desire to work as part of a team.
A Productions ethos, established over numerous years and long form series, is to tell stories authentically; our success is based on the creative teams we build.
- To collaborate with the Animation Director to ensure that animation content meets the expectations of quality, consistency and style required by the production
- To work together with the Animation Director and other members of the team to ensure shots are ready for review in a timely fashion prior to deadline
- Incorporate any technical fixes and creative and logistical feedback as requested
Essential skills and experience
- At least 1 year of proven experience of working as a CelAction animator in the television/film industry (broadcast series experience preferred)
- Must be highly skilled, passionate and have accomplished observational skills, coupled with a strong understanding of animation principles such as spacing and timing to demonstrate and excel at stylised character animation
- Strong ability to focus, attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of continuity
- Good communication skills and experience working in a team environment with the ability to communicate across platforms to producer finished animation
A Productions are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion within our company and actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and are open to discussing flexible working hours.
As a studio we are committed to supporting our crew as much as we can during these challenging working environments. As such we have a dedicated welfare manager who is available to all crew for one to one support and a wellbeing day once a month where the studio is shut from 1pm (in addition to your holiday allowance).
No Agencies please
Please email your cover letter, CV and showreel to email@example.com
End date for applications Friday 16th April 2021
To be based in-house in our Bristol Studio
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Please mention in your application where you saw this job advertised
If applying using a Hotmail email address, please check your Junk folder for replies after the closing date