Full Time: 37.5 hours, 9.30am- 6pm
Start Date: May 2021
End Date: December 2021
A Productions are looking for a CelAction Rigger to work on the hit series Love Monster for CBeebies. The show will be produced in-house at our central Bristol studio.
Love Monster follows the adventures of the only monster in a town full of cute baby animals as he learns to navigate life, friendship and emotions.
Based on the best-selling books of the same name by Rachel Bright, the show celebrates how we are all different, the power of taking action and the joy of Love.
Following on from the great success of Series 1 for CBeebies that launched in January 2020, the show has been recommissioned for a further 26 episodes. We are looking for a CelAction Rigger & Layout Artist to build on the show’s success and to help build on the wonderful world of Cutesville.
As CelAction Rigger & Layout Artist, you will need to demonstrate a proven track record of rigging within the software and be responsible for rigging episodic props and characters across the series. You will be part of a small team that is integral to the Animation pipeline, with Rigging and Layout combined within the same department. An understanding of the wider 2D pipeline would therefore be desirable.
A Productions ethos, established over numerous years and long form series, is to tell stories authentically; our success is based on the creative teams we build.
• Rig 2D assets to achieve the intended animation performance for a CelAction animated series
• Troubleshoot, maintain, and improve rigs in production, while ensuring their stability for the animation team
• Work closely with the director, animation team, and art department to incorporate any technical fixes and address creative and logistical feedback as requested
• Prepare Layout files with the necessary assets, ready for Animation
• Extend and amend layouts as necessary
Essential skills and experience
• Must have experience rigging in CelAction and accomplished knowledge of current rigging and deformation techniques
• At least 1 year proven experience working as a rigger in the TV/film animation industry (broadcast kid’s series experience preferred)
• Experience using Flash/Animate and Photoshop a plus
• Strong ability to focus and attention to detail
• Must be highly skilled, passionate, and have a strong desire to learn
• Must be able to take direction well and work to tight deadlines
• Good communication skills and experience working in a team environment
• Good eye for detail and design
A Productions are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion within our company and actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and are open to discussing flexible working hours.
No Agencies please
Please email your cover letter, CV and showreel to firstname.lastname@example.org
End date for applications 19th February 2021
To be based inhouse in our Bristol Studio
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK