Full Time: 37.5 hours, 9.30am- 6pm
Contract: Fixed term
Start Date: March/April 2021
End Date: August/September 2021
A Productions are looking for a Designer to work with us to produce designs for backgrounds, characters, and props for an exciting 30 minute 2D Special for the US. The show will be produced in-house at our central Bristol studio.
A Productions ethos, established over numerous years and long form series, is to tell stories authentically; our success is based on the creative teams we build.
• To work closely with the Director, Layout Supervisor, Rigger, and other Designer to maintain the overall visual style for the Special.
• Work as part of a team to create backgrounds, props, and character designs in line with the Director’s brief and client feedback.
• Work with the Director to ensure the design vision is implemented and maintained through to final asset creation.
• Work with the Layout Supervisor, Rigger and Lead Animator to make sure assets are created in line with the needs across the production.
• To work with the Production Team to meet the requirements of the schedule.
Essential skills and experience
• Good knowledge and understanding of 2D animation pipelines.
• Previous experience of working on a Toon Boom project would be a bonus.
• Ability to prioritise design order to deliver to a tight schedule.
• Strong ability to use colour in sensitive and creative manner.
• Photoshop knowledge is essential.
• Experience in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Good communication skills and experience working in a team environment.
• Must be able to work to own initiative.
A Productions are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion within our company and actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and are open to discussing flexible working hours.
No Agencies please
Please email your cover letter, CV and showreel to firstname.lastname@example.org
End date for applications 26th February 2021
To be based inhouse in our Bristol Studio
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.