Full Time: 37.5 hours per week, 9.30am- 6pm
Contract: PAYE, 20 days annual leave + bank holidays
Start Date: 8th September 2021
End Date: August 2022
A Productions are looking a Lead Animator to join us on an incredibly exciting long form series (40×11) for Sesame Workshop, the makers of Sesame Street.
Bea’s Block draws on the ubiquity of toy blocks to bring the vibrant, multicultural neighbourhood of Blocktown to life. Centred on bold and curious 5-year-old Bea and her two best block friends Ty and Lexi, the series follows the trio as they go on “Kindness Adventures” and help others in their community. Bea’s Block spotlights relatable preschool challenges faced by friends and neighbours, encouraging children to develop respect and care for others.
- To work closely with the Director and Assistant Director to ensure that animation content meets the expectations of quality, consistency, and style required by the production
- To work closely with and supervise your animation team to prepare shots for review in a timely fashion prior to deadline. Each CG team will be comprised of 7 3D animators and one Lead, plus a team of two 2D animators.
- To mentor and lead by example less experienced artists, providing them with support, guidance, and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth
- Incorporate any technical fixes, and creative and logistical feedback as requested
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Ideally you will have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar Lead Animator role in either broadcast or feature film work
- Must be comfortable managing a team, with an emphasis on problem solving, communication, and follow through
- Strong ability to focus, excellent attention to detail and a strong understanding of the importance of continuity
- Must be highly skilled, passionate, and have accomplished observational skills coupled with a strong understanding of pacing, timing and with a strong emphasis on expression
- Ability to communicate clearly across platforms to produce finished animation
- Excellent knowledge of current animation techniques and 3rd party animation Software
A Productions are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion with our company and actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and are open to discussing flexible working hours.
The role can be remote or in-house at our brand new Central Bristol studio, which can be discussed on an individual basis depending on what works best for you.
No agencies please.
Please send your CV, showreel and cover letter to email@example.com
Please state the job you’re applying for in the subject line.
End Date for Applications: 6pm Friday 18th June 2021