Full Time : 37.5 hours, 9.30am- 6pm
Contract: Fixed term
Start Date: 26th July 2021
End Date: April 2022 – September 2023
A Productions are looking for Toonboom Harmony Animators to work on the hit series JoJo & Gran Gran for CBeebies. The show will be produced in-house at our central Bristol studio.
JoJo and Gran Gran follows the life of a four-year old girl called JoJo and her fun and wise grandmother Gran Gran, who looks after her while her parents are working. Mixing beautiful animation with inspiring live action inserts, each episode follows the pair as they fill their day with fun activities and new experiences: from baking St Lucian Banana Bread to searching for Dinosaurs in the local Museum.
The show celebrates the role of modern Grandparents in many kids lives through core themes of family, community but most importantly, love.
Inspired by the real life relationship between early years educator Laura Henry-Allain and her own grandmother, JoJo and Gran Gran has found a place in the hearts of the CBeebies audience; becoming an overnight classic and the channel’s highest rating Series launch of 2020.
The show is an important milestone in children’s programming as it is the first UK animation that centres around a Black British family. This aspect of the show has resonated positively with the audience and following on from the success of series 1 (over 14 million views on iPlayer alone), we are looking for someone to head up our design department for series 2 and 3.
- To collaborate with the Animation Director to ensure that animation content meets the expectations of quality, consistency and style required by the production
- To work together with the Animation Director and other members of the team to ensure shots are ready for review in a timely fashion prior to deadline
- Incorporate any technical fixes and creative and logistical feedback as requested
Essential skills and experience
- At least 1 year of proven experience of working as a Toon Boom animator in the television/film industry (broadcast series experience preferred)
- Must be highly skilled, passionate and have accomplished observational skills, coupled with a strong understanding of animation principles such as spacing and timing to demonstrate and excel at stylised character animation
- Strong ability to focus, attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of continuity
- Good communication skills and experience working in a team environment with the ability to communicate across platforms to producer finished animation
A Productions are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion within our company and actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and are open to discussing flexible working hours.
As a studio we are committed to supporting our crew as much as we can during these challenging working environments. As such we have a dedicated welfare manager who is available to all crew for one to one support and a wellbeing day once a month where the studio is shut from 1pm (in addition to your holiday allowance).
No Agencies please
Please email your cover letter, CV and showreel to firstname.lastname@example.org
End date for applications Friday 21st June 2021
To be based inhouse in our Bristol Studio
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Please mention in your application where you saw this job advertised
If applying using a Hotmail email address, please check your Junk folder for replies after the closing date