Job Title : Toon Boom Harmony Rigger – JoJo & Gran Gran
Full Time : 37.5 hours, 9.30am- 6pm
Start Date: 28th June 2021
End Date: Approx 6 – 8 weeks
A Productions are looking for a Toon Boom Harmony Rigger to work on the hit series JoJo & Gran Gran for CBeebies. The show will be produced in-house at our central Bristol studio.
JoJo and Gran Gran follows the life of a four-year old girl called JoJo and her fun and wise grandmother Gran Gran, who looks after her while her parents are working. Mixing beautiful animation with inspiring live action inserts, each episode follows the pair as they fill their day with fun activities and new experiences: from baking St Lucian Banana Bread to searching for Dinosaurs in the local Museum.
The show celebrates the role of modern Grandparents in many kids lives through core themes of family, community but most importantly, love.
Inspired by the real life relationship between early years educator Laura Henry-Allain and her own grandmother, JoJo and Gran Gran has found a place in the hearts of the CBeebies audience; becoming an overnight classic and the channel’s highest rating Series launch of 2020.
The show is an important milestone in children’s programming as it is the first UK animation that centres around a Black British family. This aspect of the show has resonated positively with the audience and following on from the success of series 1 (over 14 million views on iPlayer alone), we are looking for someone to head up our design department for series 2 and 3.
As a Rigger, you will need to demonstrate a proven track record of rigging within the software and be responsible for rigging episodic props and characters across the series. You will be part of a small team that is integral to the Animation pipeline. An understanding of the wider 2D pipeline would therefore be desirable.
A Productions ethos, established over numerous years and long form series, is to tell stories authentically; our success is based on the creative teams we build.
- Rig 2D assets to achieve the intended animation performance for a Toon Boom Harmony animated series.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and improve rigs in production, while ensuring their stability for the animation team
- Work closely with the supervising rigger, director, animation team, and art department to incorporate any technical fixes and address creative and logistical feedback as requested
Essential skills and experience
- Must have experience rigging in Toon Boom Harmony and accomplished knowledge of current rigging and deformation techniques
- At least 1 year proven experience working as a rigger in the TV/film animation industry (broadcast kid’s series experience preferred)
- Strong ability to focus and attention to detail
- Must be highly skilled, passionate, and have a strong desire to learn
- Must be able to take direction well and work to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills and experience working in a team environment
- Good eye for detail and design
A Productions are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion within our company and actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and are open to discussing flexible working hours.
No Agencies please.
Please email your cover letter, CV and showreel to email@example.com
End date for applications 18th June 2021
To be based in-house in our Bristol Studio
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Please mention in your application where you saw this job advertised