Job Title: Toon Boom Harmony Rigger – Sesame Workshop
Full Time: 37.5 hours, 9.30am- 6pm
Contract: Fixed term
Start Date: November 2022
End Date: February 2023 with possible extension until April/June 2023
Location: Bristol or Remote
A Productions are looking for a Toon Boom Harmony Rigger to work with our client Sesame Workshop to create character rigs for 20x5min episodes. The show will be produced in-house at our central Bristol studio, but the role can be remote.
As a Rigger, you will need to demonstrate a proven track record of rigging within the software and be responsible for rigging complex characters across the series. You will be part of a small team that is integral to the Animation pipeline. An understanding of the wider 2D pipeline would therefore be desirable.
A Productions ethos, established over numerous years and long form series, is to tell stories authentically; our success is based on the creative teams we build.
• Rig 2D assets to achieve the intended animation performance for a Toon Boom Harmony animated series.
• Troubleshoot, maintain, and improve rigs in production, while ensuring their stability for the animation team.
• Work closely with the current Rigger, Director, Layout Supervisor, Production Manager, animation team, and art department to incorporate any technical fixes and address creative and logistical feedback as requested
Essential skills and experience:
• Must have experience rigging in Toon Boom Harmony and accomplished knowledge of current rigging and deformation techniques.
• At least 1-year proven experience working as a rigger in the TV/film animation industry (broadcast kid’s series experience preferred).
• Strong ability to focus and attention to detail.
• Must be highly skilled, passionate, and have a strong desire to learn.
• Must be able to take direction well and work to tight deadlines.
• Good communication skills and experience working in a team environment.
• Good eye for detail and design.
• Must have excellent spoken English as verbal communication is frequent and specific on this project
A Productions are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion within our company and actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and are open to discussing flexible working hours.
As a studio we are committed to supporting our crew as much as we can during these challenging working environments. As such we have a dedicated welfare manager who is available to all crew for one-to-one support and a wellbeing day once a month where the studio is shut from 1pm (in addition to your holiday allowance).
End date for applications: 30th September 2022
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to work to UK time zone and our studio hours
No Agencies please
Please mention in your application where you saw this job advertised.
Send your CV and cover letter (together with showreel if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to state the job you’re applying for in the subject line and mention in your application where you saw this job advertised.
If applying using a Hotmail email address, please check your Junk folder for replies after the closing date.
A Productions are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion within our company. For this reason, if you require any support when applying for this role, please email email@example.com or if you wish to apply by phone, call 07796 138559 and ask to speak to Welfare & HR Manager, Hannah Murdoch.
Please help us to keep improving our diversity and inclusion goals for recruitment by completing the Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring Form when you apply.